||Last Updated: Dec 21st, 2004 - 22:04:52
There are a number of strategic uses of the Internet within business. These include:
1. Corporate activities
- Gathering corporate intelligence
- Enhancing corporate communications
- Improving public relations
- Providing new ways to recruit employees
- Developing electronic publishing and new information services
- Achieving cost savings and efficiencies
- Reducing distribution costs.
2. Market intelligence
- Monitoring customer discussions and attitudes
- Monitoring customer-developed websites
- Monitoring competitor activities
- Conducting market research.
3. Customer relations
- Providing product information repositories
- Providing customer support
- Obtaining customer feedback
- Providing directory services.
- Electronic stores or malls
- Order taking and providing information on order status
- Distribution of digital data.
- Finding new customers
- Educating customers
- Building credibility with potential customers
- Building goodwill
- Improving brand loyalty
- Encouraging brand trial
- Building customer loyalty: membership programs
- Building customer loyalty: ongoing communications
- Building a mailing list.
© Copyright 2004 by
Top of Page